Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/06/01 20:52:03 UTC

Regular Expression Extractor - get value from a popup window

Hi,

I try to get an userid from a popup window, but I never get it.

My regular expression is very simple:

name="userId" value="(.+?)"

and I have tried the following as well:

(?s)name="usrId"\s+ value="(\d+)"

I can't get it work?? Just wondering can Jmeter get the value from a popup
window? If yes, is anything wrong with my regular expression?

Help, please?

Thanks,
  Tiffany

Re: Regular Expression Extractor - get value from a popup window

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
As far as JMeter is concerned, the HTML page is just text.

If the text is there, it can be matched.

There must be a problem with the RE.

Posted by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca>.
I just wondering maybe it's the problem of a hidden type, I try to get the
first value from that source, Jmeter can't get the two values which have the
type hidden, but Jmeter can get other values for me.

For example, :   <INPUT type="hidden" name="destType" value="3" size="15">,
Jmeter can't get the value=3 for me.

but with <INPUT type="text" name="userId" size="15" value="101" readonly>,
Jmeter can get the value=101 for me.

Posted by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 01/06/07, tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to get an userid from a popup window, but I never get it.

Is there a sampler for the pop-up window?

Check the content in the Tree View Listener.

JMeter does not run Javascript in web-pages.

> My regular expression is very simple:
>
> name="userId" value="(.+?)"

Looks OK.

> and I have tried the following as well:
>
> (?s)name="usrId"\s+ value="(\d+)"

There's an extra space after \s+ that should be removed.