Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by venkata <vm...@yahoo.com> on 2013/04/03 03:30:53 UTC

RequestHandler.. Conditional components

In our use cases,  for certain query terms, we want to redirect the query
processing to external system
& for the rest of the keywords, we want to continue with query component ,
facets etc.

Based on some condition it is possible to skip some components in a request
handler?

Re: RequestHandler.. Conditional components

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
By "come out", do you mean that the request is completed successfully, or to
abort and fail the request? For the latter, you can throw an exception.

There is no direct, proper way for search component B to skip search
component C, but... B can modify the request parameters to set "C=false" to
disable C.

Also, do you want to do this conditional flow during the "prepare" stage or
the "process stage", or both?

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I think we need a better explanation of the issue. It's not
clear whether you're talking about combining Solr & external
results or just doing one or the other.....

Best
Erick