Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Compere, Lydie" <Ly...@tdassurance.com> on 2010/05/12 16:48:51 UTC

release:perform ignores commandline parameters even with -Darguments

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with the release:perform plugin.

I need to send a parameter at the commandline such as -Dmy.parameter=my.value.

When I do so with every other phase, it is taken into account and works fine (even in the release:prepare phase where I use mvn release:prepare -Dmy.parameter=my.value -Darguments="-Dmy.parameter=my.value").

When I try with mvn release:perform -Dmy.parameter=my.value -Darguments="-Dmy.parameter=my.value", it does not work.  The release:perform acts as if the parameter was never sent.

I've searched the web for such a problem but haven't been able to find an answer.

Can anybody help please?

Using Maven 2.2.1, using maven-release-plugin version 2.0

Thanks!

"Be the change that you want to see in the world"- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Re: release:perform ignores commandline parameters even with -Darguments

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 5/12/10 2:04 PM, Compere, Lydie wrote:
> Thank you for your help and sorry about the "ultra newbie" mistakes.
Didn't mean to suggest this was a newbie mistake. The bits of Maven
which do forked execution are always a bit tricky.

And, to make my point, I completely forgot about passing the arguments
parameter. You should be able to do
-Darguments="-Dmy.parameter=my.value" (note the quotes!)

Justin

Posted by "Compere, Lydie" <Ly...@tdassurance.com>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.