Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Reza Naghibi <re...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/26 16:21:16 UTC

Web based Mobile os

Werner, can you re explain the implications of this, for my understanding?

So you are saying that this os can encompass both devices, tablets, and desktops? They will support popular browsers like chrome and firefox? Will these browsers expose a device name in the UA? What will change?

Can you maybe give me some examples of what we could see in the wild?

In dclass, I have started to go down the road where os detection is a separate index than device detection.

---
Sent from Blackberry Bold 9900

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Because that Firefox OS demo might be the only place to answer questions
like the one Reza asked here before...

Re: Web based Mobile os

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Btw, it's extremely sad, maybe in the year to come we have a chance to
change that, looking at PhoneGap, a "pseudo-standard" for client-side
device recognition being demoed at the W3C booth at MWC and projects based
on actual W3C Standards like DeviceMap or OpenDDR aren't:
https://www.w3.org/2013/MWC/#demos

Any of you even there this year?

Re: Web based Mobile os

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.