Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/08/14 21:06:43 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "FOPIDESetupGuide" by JoergPietschmann

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JoergPietschmann:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPIDESetupGuide

   *  Java -> Code Formatter, "New Lines" tab: uncheck the first, second and forth options ("Insert a blank line before an opening brace": we don't want this, "Insert new lines in control statements": we  don't want this either, "Insert new line between 'else if': not our style). It is recommended to leave the third option ("Clear all blank lines") unchecked.
   *  Java -> Appearance -> Members sort order: this is only relevant if you intent to use the "Sort Members" functionality. We use the default order (Types, Static initializers, Static Fields, Static Methods, Initializers, Fields, Constructors, Methods)
   *  Java -> Organize Imports: We use the default order (java, javax, org, com). Inquiries for additions are welcome.
-  *  Java -> Task tags: we use a TODO with normal priority (default), and occasionally a FIXME with a high priority (you have to add this if you want to see them in the task list)
+  *  Java -> Task tags: we use a TODO with normal priority (default), also a @todo with normal priority and occasionally a FIXME with a high priority (you have to add both if you want to see them in the task list).

  ==== Ant support ====
  Seems to be working now.

  ==== Checkstyle support ====
- Download the Eclipse Checkstyle plug-in from http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-cs/ .
+ Download the [http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-cs/ Eclipse Checkstyle plug-in ].

  After installing the plug-in go to the Preferences dialog and to the Checkstyle section. Import the checkstyle config file from FOP's root directory. Adjust the path of the checkstyle.header.file entry.

  '''Tip''': Set a file filter (".*/gensrc/.*") in the Checkstyle section of the project's Properties page. This avoids a lot of unavoidable style violations due to code generation.

  === PMD support ===
- PMD is similar to CheckStyle. It allows more powerful rules but configuring them is more difficult. It also comes with a nifty copy'n'paste detector.
+ PMD is similar to [http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/ CheckStyle]. It allows more powerful rules but configuring them is more difficult. It also comes with a nifty copy'n'paste detector.
   *  Get the PMD plugin from http://pmd.sf.net
   *  Unpack the binary into your Eclipse plugin directory, as usual.
   *  Select your preferred rules in the preference window.
@@ -158, +158 @@

  Be sure to adjust the path of the checkstyle.header.file entry, and use forward slashes for directory delimiters (even if you are running on a Windows platform). Failure to correctly configure this will cause jbCheckstyle to not provide any output.

-
-

Re: [Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "FOPIDESetupGuide" by JoergPietschmann

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Apache Wiki wrote:
> http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPIDESetupGuide

BTW someone knowledgeable ought to upgrade the instructions to
SVN/subclipse (I still use Cygwin svn).

J.Pietschmann