Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Haischt <si...@gmx.net> on 2000/07/23 10:41:36 UTC

mod_jk build problem on freebsd 4.0

hello,

first of all, i already posted a mail concerning this
problem into the tomcat-dev mailing list,
but didn't get any reply.

recently i tried to build mod_jk on my freebsd box.
after i have modified the Makefile for FreeBSD,
everything compiled just fine.

note: I had to modify the Makefile cause expressions
like %.c don't work. I replaced them with *.c - maybe this
problem occurred cause FreeBSD uses a different make
utility (which isn't gmake).

btw - I attached the modified Makefile.

now that i have a mod_jk.so file, i tried to load it into
the apache server - unfortunately without any luck :(

below the error message generated by 'apachectl configtest'.

-------------------------8<-------------------------------------8<---------------------------------
Syntax error on line 255 of /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol "map_name_at"
------------------------->8------------------------------------->8---------------------------------

a 'egrep map_name_at jk/*' says that the only files where this symbol is
used are ...

  - jk_map.c
  - jk_map.h
  - jk_uri_worker_map.c

so i guess the problem is somewhere located in these files, but i didn't got
any further.

a would greatly appreciate it, if you could help me solving this problem.

regards

daniel haischt