Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by martyn <ma...@cs.york.ac.uk> on 2007/07/17 12:32:34 UTC

Interception and saving of client / web service exchanges and multiple SUs

I am trying to use ServiceMix to intercept and save client / web service
exchanges to a file as shown below (I am new to serviceMix).

Client -> http-consumer -> eip-wiretap -> http-provider -> Web Service

                                            -> servicemix-file -> to a file

The http-consumer, eip-wiretap, http-provider and servicemix-file are all
separate SUs - within one SA.

If anyone has any comments on what I'm trying to do i.e. is it possible,
sensible, etc. with servicemix - these would also be welcome.

Also, could any one advise me if the http-consumer and http-provider should
/ can be combined in one SU for deployment to servicemix-http?  Should they
work when deployed to then same component as separate SUs?
I have searched and seen some postings about deploying multiple SUs to one
component before - but the answers were not conclusive.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

regards
Martyn

Re: Interception and saving of client / web service exchanges and multiple SUs

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Martyn,

This is a very reasonable scenario.  I usually prefer a single SU per
target component, but whether or not you combine the HTTP endpoints in a
single SU or not is completely up to you; both should work fine!

Gert

Posted by martyn <ma...@cs.york.ac.uk>.
Thanks Gert

I've got it working now (writing the SOAP messages out to files) with
separate http SUs deployed to the same servicemix-http component.  Apologies
for asking such a vague question - but I was having some problems in getting
it working and began to wonder if I was trying to do something fundamentally
wrong.

The problems I had were to do with the naming of services, endpoints and
target services - but it looks OK now.

Many thanks for you help.
Martyn