Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by kyle koss <kk...@xperient.net> on 2002/08/05 23:10:28 UTC

SVG in PDF

I am trying to display an SVG image in my generated PDF. I am using an
absolute path in my XSL using fo:external-graphic tags. Cocoon seems to
be finding the graphic, but it does not display very well in the PDF. Do
I need something else in my sitemap to use SVG images? Right now all I
have is:
                        <map:match pattern="**.svg">
                                    <map:read mime-type="image/svg"
src="{1}.svg"/>
                        </map:match>
so that I can use an SVG.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanx,  Kyle

Re: SVG in PDF

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Kyle,

did you test the same with a non SVG image? What do you mean when saying
"but it does not display very well". Is the image shown or not?

Furthermore - I don't know whether it's a possibility - the correct
mime-type is image/svg+xml (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/intro.html#MIMEType).

A question to the developers: When is the sitemap updated to current SVG
data? The identifiers currently used are from 03/2000, SVG is
recommendation since almost one year (09/2001). Or is only somebody
missing who prepares a patch?

Regards,

Joerg