Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by "SRILAKSHMANAN,LAKSHMAN (HP-Australia,ex3)" <la...@hp.com> on 2003/03/20 00:11:02 UTC

Disable ServiceManagerClient

Hi All,

I have read all possible doc on how to disable ServiceManagerClient on the
server. But I am unable to implement it.
Here is my soap.xml

<soapServer>
   <serviceManager>
       <option name="SOAPInterfaceEnabled" value="false" />
   </serviceManager>
   <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.DefaultConfigManager" >
       <option name="filename" value="/tmp/soap/DeployedServices.ds" />
   </configManager>
</soapServer>

I know that this soap.xml file is accessed because the "DeployedServices.ds"
is written to "/tmp/soap".

But when I run the following command from a different machine it deploys the
service.

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://host:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeployDescriptor.xml

Could someone please help me..!!! please, please....

Thanks
Lakshman
_____
Lakshman Srilakshmanan
Developer
South Asia and Pacific
Software Engineering Practice
Mobile : 0409 949 005
Phone : +61 3 8877 2652
E-mail :  lakshman_srilakshmanan@hp.com
This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and
may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please notify HP immediately by return email or telephone the
above number and destroy the original message

Re: Disable ServiceManagerClient

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I know this does not help you, but I just dropped a soap.xml into my
soap webapp in Tomcat 4.0.1, started Tomcat, and I was not able to
access the manager.  I then stopped Tomcat, removed soap.xml, started
Tomcat, and everything was "back to normal".  So, the technique does
work, I just can't say why it does not work for you.

I am using the nightly build.

On 20 Mar 2003 at 10:11, SRILAKSHMANAN,LAKSHMAN (HP-Au wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have read all possible doc on how to disable ServiceManagerClient on the
> server. But I am unable to implement it.
> Here is my soap.xml
>
> <soapServer>
>    <serviceManager>
>        <option name="SOAPInterfaceEnabled" value="false" />
>    </serviceManager>
>    <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.DefaultConfigManager" >
>        <option name="filename" value="/tmp/soap/DeployedServices.ds" />
>    </configManager>
> </soapServer>
>
> I know that this soap.xml file is accessed because the "DeployedServices.ds"
> is written to "/tmp/soap".
>

> But when I run the following command from a different machine it deploys the
> service.
>
> java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://host:port/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeployDescriptor.xml
>
> Could someone please help me..!!! please, please....
>
> Thanks
> Lakshman
> _____
> Lakshman Srilakshmanan
> Developer
> South Asia and Pacific
> Software Engineering Practice
> Mobile : 0409 949 005
> Phone : +61 3 8877 2652
> E-mail :  lakshman_srilakshmanan@hp.com
> This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity named above and
> may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not
> the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
> in error, please notify HP immediately by return email or telephone the
> above number and destroy the original message

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.