Posted to user@ant.apache.org by da...@remanresource.com on 2008/07/10 19:43:06 UTC

Compiling JSP files using ANT?

Hi,

I'm using Ant 1.6 and WL 9.2.2.  Are there directives I can add to my build.xml file that will allow me to compile JSPs?  Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated, - Dave

Re: Compiling JSP files using ANT?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
dave.alvarado@remanresource.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Ant 1.6 and WL 9.2.2.  Are there directives I can add to my build.xml file that will allow me to compile JSPs?  Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated, - Dave

You need to use a JSP compiler specific to your application server -and
the specific version. There may be one for WebLogic -look in the docs.

The other trick is just to test all the pages you've created after
deploying them, by hitting them all with tests; HtmlUnit is one JUnit
based test framework for doing this. It saves time -you were going to do
those tests anyway, after all :)

-steve