Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Guijt <b....@chello.nl> on 2001/06/01 07:43:57 UTC

[C2] [patch] dist-tgz target in build.xml now handles files longer than 100 chars correctly

Hi all,

Yesterday I tried to build a source distro, which was not created
successfully due to the handling of long filenames - tar doesn't accept
files longer than 100 chars correctly. This patch simply adds the attribute
'longfile="gnu"' to the tar task.

Ciao!

- Bart Guijt

(PS: There is another 'bug' in the buildfile: Issueing the command 'build
src-tgz' twice gives an arror at the second invocation:
"D:\java\apache\xml\xml-cocoon2\build.xml:693: A tar file cannot include
itself" - so any existing tar file should be deleted first.)

AW: [C2] [patch] dist-tgz target in build.xml now handles files longer than 100 chars correctly

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Thanks Bart!

I applied your patch and fixed the bug when you start the second
build dist-tgz.

Carsten