Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2019/10/24 17:56:31 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.2 Release

Hi All,

I've closed the vote on Apache NetBeans 11.2 (vote candidate 1) with a
result of 9 +1 binding votes and 5 +1 votes from community members.
There were no 0 or -1 votes.

This result means that 11.2-vc1 will now become the Apache NetBeans
11.2 release.  Great job everyone!

We can now progress with the various tasks necessary to complete the
release, with a public announcement in a few days.  Opening of the
merge window for NB 11.3 will be announced here, hopefully before the
end of the month.

Full results of the vote (after tallying against the PMC roster) are as follows.

+1 binding votes :

Eric Barboni http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=skygo
Glenn Holmer http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=gholmer
Josh Juneau http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=javajuneau
Laszlo Kishalmi http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=lkishalmi
John McDonnell http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=johnmcdonnell
Neil C Smith http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=neilcsmith
Jaroslav Tulach http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=jtulach
Geertjan Wielenga http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=geertjan
Junichi Yamamoto http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=junichi11

+1 community votes :

Alex Falappa
Ken Fogel
Ludovic Hochet
Patrick Musembi
Kai Uwe Pel

Many thanks everyone!

Best wishes,

Neil
Volunteer Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 11.2

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache NetBeans 11.2 Release

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Congratulations, everybody. Thanks, Neil!

Posted by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca>.
That's great, just in time to use it at Dawson next semester.

Congrats to Neil and everyone else involved.

Ken

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
Congrats on the release!

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=Juneau

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Congratulations! And many thanks to Neil.

Before we announce this too much, i.e., I think we should do that only once
we have the installers from Reema and the site updated (I'm working on
that), we need to do whatever we can to make the following PR for the new
nb-javac available, or else refactoring will be broken for everyone with
nb-javac installed in 11.2:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1589

Gj

Posted by Patrick Musembi <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Neil! Thanks to everyone for their contribution!

As of voting on binaries, shall that round being?

Shall Neil handle all the votes on those or different binaries shall
have their owner and then shall sync with/by Neil?

Yes, the most obvious reason I'm asking that, as the Snap version is
already out on Snapcraft (in the edge channel) and used by some 29
people according to the stats. If it has been voted to be released We
just need to promote the build to the stable channel and it is going to
be delivered to 16000+ people (more properly machines) in 1-2 days.