Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com> on 2008/06/07 01:26:58 UTC

file:/// URLs in BasicHttpFetcher

BasicHttpFetcher currently has support for fetching file:// URLs.  The
only place I can find that used is in test code for BasicHttpFetcher,
and I don't think it's particularly useful there.  I'm adding more
test cases to the http fetching classes.

Objections to me removing the file:// support?

(It looks like both Kevin and Paul have plans to use the apache
commons HTTP client.  I'm writing the regression tests for when they
do that. =)

Re: file:/// URLs in BasicHttpFetcher

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
It's an HTTP fetcher, so file:// support is purely a fluke in my opinion.