Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Chenxiong Qi <qc...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/14 11:10:59 UTC

Messenger API and ActiveMQ selector

Hi,

I'm using proton messenger API to connect ActiveMQ to produce and
consumer messages. I notice that ActiveMQ supports a cool feature that
is to select messages by a selector. After going through proton
documentation of Python binding, I don't find information about how to
select messages with messenger API, whereas there is
proton.reactor.Selector, so my questions are

Can proton.reactor.Selector be used with messenger API? And, is there
anything I missed that messenger API has the ability already?

Thanks.

Chenxiong Qi

Re: Messenger API and ActiveMQ selector

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 14/08/16 12:10, Chenxiong Qi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using proton messenger API to connect ActiveMQ to produce and
> consumer messages. I notice that ActiveMQ supports a cool feature that
> is to select messages by a selector. After going through proton
> documentation of Python binding, I don't find information about how to
> select messages with messenger API, whereas there is
> proton.reactor.Selector, so my questions are
>
> Can proton.reactor.Selector be used with messenger API?

No

> And, is there
> anything I missed that messenger API has the ability already?

In theory, you can use the pn_messenger_get_link() function to retrieve
the pn_link_t for a subscription (after having called subscribe), and
then set a filter on the source of that link. That function isn't
explicitly wrapped in python though.