Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by N�stor Bosc�n <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/24 20:18:36 UTC

Serialize problem connecting from pocketsoap

Hi

I've been developing some SOAP services using the Apache SOAP Toolkit. I
used the AddressBook as a reference and created several methods that return
org.w3c.dom.Element. After installing pocketsoap and trying to communicate
with Tomcat it returns

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Serializer found to serialize a
'org.w3c.dom.Element' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

After this In pocketsoap I set the encodingstype to
"http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml" and still it fires the same
exception.

Here is the sample code I'm using

  Const ENCODING_STYLE As String =
"http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml"
  Dim Envelope, MessageInput, MessageOutput, Transport

  Set Envelope = CreateObject("PocketSOAP.Envelope")

  Envelope.MethodName = "theMethod"
  Envelope.URI = "theURI"
  Envelope.EncodingStyle = ENCODING_STYLE

  MessageInput = Envelope.Serialize
  MsgBox MessageInput

  Set Transport = CreateObject("PocketSOAP.HTTPTransport")
  Transport.Send "http://mycomputer/soap/servlet/rpcrouter", MessageInput

  MessageOutput = Transport.Receive

Can anyone help me on this issue

  MsgBox MessageOutput