Posted to users@libcloud.apache.org by "Eagy, Taylor" <te...@BlackbirdTech.com> on 2012/07/09 16:14:24 UTC

Permission Denied when deploying

Hi,

I am running into an issue with the deploy_node() function. I'm trying to spin up a Linux instance in EC2 and run a small bash script on initial launch. I was able to use create_node() and use the user_data parameter successfully. I want to be able to do this on other cloud providers as well, but when I use deploy_node(), it launches the instance and successfully connects to the instance via SSH, but it's failing in the _run_deployment_script() function where it tries to run the bash script. I get the error "Permission Denied". Could the permissions on the script file affect this? I set the permissions on the file to all read,write,execute and I still get the error. What else could be causing it to fail?

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libcloud/compute/base.py", line 616, in deploy_node
    raise DeploymentError(node=node, original_exception=e, driver=self)
libcloud.compute.types.DeploymentError: <DeploymentError: node=i-d82d9da0, error=<LibcloudError in <libcloud.compute.drivers.ec2.EC2NodeDriver object at 0x94ba54c> 'Failed after 3 tries: [Errno 13] Permission denied'>, driver=<libcloud.compute.drivers.ec2.EC2NodeDriver object at 0x94ba54c>>

Thanks,

Taylor

Re: Permission Denied when deploying

Posted by Derrick Karimi <de...@gmail.com>.