Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Xu Jin <xe...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/24 12:49:17 UTC

回复: [numbers] Complex to use code ported with a permissive licence

I mean create a non-apache project (named tempProject0 for example), and which contains the original license from that code(named license0 for example) and the modified source code of that function.
and apache-commons-numbers just depend on project tempProject0, and USE functions in tempProject0 , but does not contain any code related to that source.
in this way apache-commons-numbers is just a user of tempProject0, thus does not need to add license0 into apache-commons-numbers's license.
Only tempProject0 has to make its license be license0 , but that will not pollute apache-commons-numbers.
although I'm not sure if this way be morals to do so, it does not break any rules IMO.
________________________________
Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Le ven. 24 janv. 2020 à 13:49, Xu Jin <xe...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I mean create a non-apache project (named tempProject0 for example), and which contains the original license from that code(named license0 for example) and the modified source code of that function.

Is that really easier?

> and apache-commons-numbers just depend on project tempProject0,

Given that "Commons Numbers" should is a "zero dependency" project...

> and USE functions in tempProject0 , but does not contain any code related to that source.
> in this way apache-commons-numbers is just a user of tempProject0, thus does not need to add license0 into apache-commons-numbers's license.

But there is no problem adding "licence0" in the "LICENSE" file (if
the license is acceptable for an ASF project, as is the case here).

Regards,
Gilles