Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sylbert L <sy...@geodesiconline.com> on 2002/10/17 12:26:55 UTC

getting the PID for a request

Is there any way I can get the Process Id or thread ID for a particular
process / thread that is handling my request ? thanks a bunch ..

Re: How do I handle an XML document sent as a POST [newbie]

Posted by Larry Leszczynski <la...@furph.com>.
Hi Chris -

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Chris Pizzo wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to get the XML document sent to me in a
> An HTTP transmission.  The example I'm given is:

You can read the POST content directly in your mod_perl handler, e.g.:

sub handler
{
   my $r = shift;
   my $content;
   $r->read($content, $r->header_in("Content-length"));

   # do stuff with $content...
}

See the mod_perl Cookbook recipe 3.6

Larry Leszczynski
larryl@furph.com

How do I handle an XML document sent as a POST [newbie]

Posted by Chris Pizzo <ch...@artinside.com>.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the XML document sent to me in a An HTTP
transmission.  The example I'm given is:

HTTP headers:
POST HTTP/1.0
Host: localhost:8080
Connection: Keep-Alive
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
.
.
.
I have found lots of examples on how to deal with the xml once I have it but
I don't understand how to get the xml document from the post?

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your patience,
Chris

Re: getting the PID for a request

Posted by Damyan Ivanov <di...@creditreform.bg>.
On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 03:56:55PM +0530 Sylbert L wrote:
> Is there any way I can get the Process Id or thread ID for a particular
> process / thread that is handling my request ? thanks a bunch ..

What's wrong with $$ ?

dam

--
Damyan Ivanov                             Creditreform Bulgaria
divanov@creditreform.bg             http://www.creditreform.bg/

Re: getting the PID for a request

Posted by Oleg Shaikhatarov <ol...@allory.com>.
Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 03:56:55PM +0530 Sylbert L wrote:
> > Is there any way I can get the Process Id or thread ID for a particular
> > process / thread that is handling my request ? thanks a bunch ..
>
> What's wrong with $$ ?

or $PID (or $PROCESS_ID) when "use English"

--
Oleg

Posted by Damyan Ivanov <da...@creditreform.bg>.