Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicolás Marjovsky <nm...@insite.com.ar> on 2002/07/23 19:45:52 UTC

Tomcat & mod_webapp: somtimes browser doesn't receibe images from apache

Hello.
I'm using mod_webapp connector version 1.0.1, with tomcat, 4.0.1 and
apache 1.3.12.
The problem I'm having is that sometimes the images and stylesheets
hosted by apache, referenced by the HTML pages generated by the JSPs
don't get loaded. The point is that when these images are hosted within
tomcat they work perfectly well, and all other websites that are being
served by Apache also work fine
Any idea of what might be happening?

Thanks a lot
Nicolás

RE: Tomcat & mod_webapp: somtimes browser doesn't receibe images from apache

Posted by Nicolás Marjovsky <nm...@insite.com.ar>.
I forgot to tell most of the times images and styles get loaded. And
when they doesn't, they do after making a reload.

(sorry about the partitioned answer)

Posted by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com>.
So far it seems to be a good connector.  Just as good as mod_webapp.
No real difference in speed.  I just like using apache as much as possible.
You just have to configure your mappings differently.

Instead of:
	warp conn /myapp/

You have:
	JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

So you only map jsp files to be forwarded to Tomcat instead of everything.
It is a different way of doing things.  But they have the same effect and
probably the same performance (although I have not tested).  So its up to
you.

Charlie

Posted by Nicolás Marjovsky <nm...@insite.com.ar>.
Is mod_jk a good connector?