Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Ture Hoefner <th...@bea.com> on 2005/11/17 18:01:21 UTC

netui:select tag - defaultValue and nullable attributes clash?

Hello,

  I can successfully use the netui:select JSP tag while databinding to a
Map in my pageflow.  I am successfully using the defaultValue attribute,
which is set equal to the key of some desired item in the databound Map.

  Here is the problem:  when I add the nullable and nullableOptionText
attributes, the defaultValue stops working and the null option is always
the selected one:

    <netui:select dataSource="actionForm.type"

        tagId="updateNameAndTypeDialog_contentTypes"

        optionsDataSource="${pageFlow.availableTypes}"

        defaultValue="/Tools_Repository/1"

        nullable="true"

        nullableOptionText="none"

        size="8" />

generates:

<select name="contentNodeSummaryPortletwlw-select_key:{actionForm.type}"
id="n0.updateNameAndTypeDialog_contentTypes" size="8">

<option value="/Tools_Repository/1">ad</option>

<option value="/Tools_Repository/2">ad_shockwave</option>

<option value="/Tools_Repository/3">article</option>

I don't see this when I search JIRA, maybe I am doing something goofy?
By the way, is there some reason that we don't have a nullableTop
attribute to make the null option appear at the top of the list instead
of the bottom?

I will try working around this by modifying my Map to contain an empty
option.

Thanks,

Ture

Re: netui:select tag - defaultValue and nullable attributes clash?

Posted by Daryl Olander <do...@gmail.com>.
Ture, when you say stops working do you mean that it stops being the
selected option? It's still in the list correct?