Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by REYANE OUKPEDJO <r....@yahoo.com> on 2015/08/25 02:45:29 UTC

yarn groups issue with ambari/hortonworks

Hi there,
I faced some  weird issue and I think there is no need to give many details other than the actual issue.
When I add the user yarn to another group, I could see from within the same shell where  I added him that yarn belongs to the new group . But after restarting the node manager through ambari and open a new shell , I can see that yarn user no longer belongs to the new group. My question is whether ambari is removoig the yarn user from any group other than it's primary one. Any response to this will be appreciated.
Thanks
Reyane OUKPEDJO

Re: yarn groups issue with ambari/hortonworks

Posted by REYANE OUKPEDJO <r....@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Varum.
I seen this.
Reyane OUKPEDJO

     On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:46 PM, Varun Vasudev <vv...@apache.org> wrote:

 This is probably due to Ambari agent. If you look at the ambari agent logs, you might see logs like2015-02-14 23:32:22,412 – User[‘yarn’] {‘gid': ‘hadoop’, ‘ignore_failures': False, ‘groups': [u’hadoop’]}
2015-02-14 23:32:22,412 – Modifying user yarn
Where it resets the group for the yarn user.
-Varun