Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Yoonmin Nam <ro...@dgist.ac.kr> on 2013/12/10 03:08:47 UTC

Retrieving the running instance of namenode or fsnamesystem

Hello!

I want to know about some implementation issue about retrieving the running
instance of namenode or fsnamesystem

Because I want to get physical block information especially blockid and its
physical path on the HDFS in the level of mapreduce framework, but

it seems not possible without connecting namenode via HTTP protocol.

For example, the issue of HDFS-4949 is implemented in the level of HDFS, not
MapReduce framework, so retrieving block information is quite easy.

However, in the level of MapReduce framework, it seems not easy as i
expected and I think it is related in the design policy of HDFS and
MapReduce.

If someone tell me how to get running instance of NameNode in MapReduce
framework?

If it is not possible, then can you give some advices to make it happen?

Thanks!