Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/25 17:47:45 UTC

[MENTORS] Names in RPM spec changelog

A discussion arose regarding our use of names/emails in our spec file's
%changelog, with the comparison being made to @author annotations.  Casey
linked to a discussion here
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-community/200306.mbox/%3C20030609234538.GA22335@lyra.org%3E>
that
seems to be primarily about the accuracy of the @author tags being a
problem alongside some other concerns.

For the spec file it's a changelog focused on auditing and examining the
RPM itself, so authorship is less of a concern. That information does
already exist in Git though, but wouldn't be included with the RPM.

What's the correct way to handle the %changelog, if we should be keeping it?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [MENTORS] Names in RPM spec changelog

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

-Taylor