Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Bert Frees <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/13 13:20:43 UTC

UNO Maven artifacts

Hi all,

I'm trying to 'Mavenize' my OpenOffice extension. The UNO jar files
are available on Maven central (http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.openoffice
). However, it seems that the most recent version is 3.2.1, and I need
version >= 3.3.0. Is this still being maintained? Is there maybe
another repository where I can find a more up to date version?

Best regards,
Bert Frees.

Re: UNO Maven artifacts

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Bret,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 06:04:57PM +0200, Bert Frees wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
>
> Yes, in this case, setting up a new repo starting from 3.4 seems the
> right move. Tell me if there is something I can do to help.

we are at Apache, so everything stays home:
http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: UNO Maven artifacts

Posted by Bert Frees <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: UNO Maven artifacts

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Bert,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 01:20:43PM +0200, Bert Frees wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to 'Mavenize' my OpenOffice extension. The UNO jar files
> are available on Maven central
> (http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.openoffice). However, it
> seems that the most recent version is 3.2.1, and I need version >=
> 3.3.0.  Is this still being maintained?

AFAIK, no.

> Is there maybe another repository where I can find a more up to date
> version?

No, but we should set up a new repo, this one has LGPL license according
to http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.openoffice/unoil/3.2.1

And unfortunately, we cannot create a 3.3 repo, because the code will
be license-incompatible. We should start from 3.4, licensed under the
Apache License.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile