Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com> on 2003/07/16 18:27:05 UTC

Make DynaActionForms implement java.util.Map?

Hello Struts developers,

Is there a bug report / enhancement request to make DynaActionForm implement java.util.Map?  This would allow the forms to be used intuitively with the JSTL <c:out> tag.

If we have a DynaActionForm named projectType with a property called shortDesc we could then do

<c:out value="${projectType.shortDesc}"/>

instead of

<c:out value="${projectType.map.shortDesc}"/>

The former is more intuitive.  Someone asks about this distinction every day on the taglibs-users list.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Make DynaActionForms implement java.util.Map?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com> wrote:
> Hello Struts developers,
>
> Is there a bug report / enhancement request to make DynaActionForm
> implement java.util.Map?

DynaActionForms are not Maps so it wouldn't be appropriate for them to
implement the Map interface.

David