Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/07 22:18:36 UTC

Anyone use the Parquet processors with local fs?

Just wondering if anyone has configured the Parquet processors to write to
a local file system and if so, what was involved. My understanding is that
S3 and HDFS are normally required.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Anyone use the Parquet processors with local fs?

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Mike,

IIRC you just need your Hadoop Configuration Resources to include a
core-site.xml that has the filesystem set to file:/// or something
similar. Others can/will certainly know better and hopefully
confirm/deny :)

For example, in the unit test PutParquetTest, the core-site.xml has
the following property:

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>fs.defaultFS</name>