Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/12/16 13:57:28 UTC

How to disable Auto Commit and Auto optimize operation after addition of few documents through dataimport handler

Hi,

I would like to know how can we disable the commit and optimize operation is
called by deafult after addition of few documents through dataimport
handlers.

In our application, the master solr instance is used for indexing purpose
and the slave solr is for user search request. Hence the replication has to
happen on regular interval of time. Master solr has around 1.4 million
document (Size : 2.7 GB). We have frequent addition/deletion of documents in
the master solr. After each addition/deletion commit and optimize operation
are called by default, which tends to be a costly operation. Also this makes
the replication time longer. So what I thought is that the commit operation
should be performed after certain amount of documents are added and optimize
operation should performed only once in a day or manually done.

Please let me know how to customize the setting for commit and optimize
operation in solrConfig.xml. do we have any documentation regarding the
same. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks in advances.

Thanks & Regards,
Sivaganesh

Re: How to disable Auto Commit and Auto optimize operation after addition of few documents through dataimport handler

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/16/2011 5:57 AM, mechravi25 wrote:
> I would like to know how can we disable the commit and optimize operation is
> called by deafult after addition of few documents through dataimport
> handlers.

Add this to the url you use to call the handler:

&commit=false&optimize=false

Thanks,
Shawn