Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Gus Heck <gu...@olin.edu> on 2004/02/13 22:15:13 UTC

Re: Initialization of classes in Metadatamanager]

I was right about enhancement and the no-arg constructor. Decompiling my
enhanced class file yields, among other things this:

   static
   {
       jdoPersistenceCapableSuperclass = null;

JDOImplHelper.registerClass(sunjdo$classForName$("org.cs101.fdb.impl.jdo.PersonBase"),
jdoFieldNames, jdoFieldTypes, jdoFieldFlags,
jdoPersistenceCapableSuperclass, new PersonBase());
   }

right there at the end... new PersonBase(). So every
Class.forName("Foo") where "Foo" is a JDO PC class will invoke the
no-arg constructor. I bet their sunjdo$classForName$ method is a
specialized version that skips the static initializer.

-Gus