Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arnold Bronley <ar...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/23 22:48:53 UTC

How to update range of dynamic fields in Solr

Here is the detailed question in stack-overflow. Please help.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14280506/how-to-update-range-of-dynamic-fields-in-solr-4

Re: How to update range of dynamic fields in Solr

Posted by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com>.
Hey Arnold,

*Now I want to clear any existing ranks before updating with new ones,
without having to query what they are first.*

Reading the answer of your question, it seems that there are no inbuilt
functionality of Solr. Having support of wildcards while indexing could be
a nice feature. JIRA?

Anyways, since I'm off to home for Diwali and cannot experiment stuff on my
PC, here are some possible workaround:

- If you know exactly the universal set of field rank_* as they add up, you
could add these in a list. While you atomic update the newer docs, you can
first post a doc that sets all of these fields to null. This could not be
exactly what you are looking for but this is certainly faster than
querying. I had used a similar solution to handle not having duplicate
values in a field.

- Can we use a copyField, which copies catchallrank to all rank_*, here? If
this is possible, we can post null to catchallrank field before we index
newer docs. I don't know how copyField works with atomic updates. I'll
surely try this when I get back to Indiamart.

--
IMPORTANT:
NEVER share your IndiaMART OTP/ Password with anyone.