Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Charles Fry <ja...@frogcircus.org> on 2006/06/18 05:10:12 UTC

[collections] LinkedSet would be nice

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you for the awesome work which has gone into
the Jakarata Commons project, and of special interest to me,
Commons-Collections. I was pleased to find implemented many classes that
I once implemented myself at an old job.

One class that I do find missing is LinkedSet. For Maps there are both
LinkedMap and ListOrderedMap (which should perhaps reference each other
in their Javadocs, due to their similarity), but for Sets there is only
ListOrderedSet. It would be nice to have the missing LinkedSet, serving
the same role to Set as its parallel does to Map. Even if it was
initially implemented with a LinkedMap, it would still be nice to have
around. :-)

cheers,
Charles

--