Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Phil Sladen <ph...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2013/08/14 15:29:52 UTC

SOAPPart.getEnvelope() throw NPE when processing SAML assertion

I am using Sender-Vouches policy and the PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptor is
invoking AsymmetricBindingHandler.doSignBeforeEncrypt() at the time. No more
error details shown. I am using a SAMLCallbackHandler as can be found on the
net. I've searched pretty extensively but not found anything relevant
enough. It's running on Weblogic 10.3.5 and it is using
com.bea.core.weblogic.saaj_1.6.0.0.jar for the implementation of
javax.xml.soap. Any ideas what might be causing it and something to try out?
Thanks.

Re: SOAPPart.getEnvelope() throw NPE when processing SAML assertion

Posted by Phil Sladen <ph...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Better solution was to set a CXF property that overrides which MessageFactory
to use... look at CXF source file named something like
SAAJMessageFactory.java.

Re: SOAPPart.getEnvelope() throw NPE when processing SAML assertion

Posted by Phil Sladen <ph...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks for your help. I suspected it was the Weblogic implementation of SAAJ,
but setting the implementation to be otherwise with a system property
-Djavax.xml.soap.MessageFactory=<std sun impl> didn't work. I finally just
renamed the Weblogic saaj_1.6 jar to  a backup version and that had the same
effect, the issue has gone away using the sun default impl... well, only to
be replaced by another to do with Bouncycastle. I was just about to check
that out.

Thanks all the same.

Re: SOAPPart.getEnvelope() throw NPE when processing SAML assertion

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Let's see the stack-trace?

Colm.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Phil Sladen <ph...@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> I am using Sender-Vouches policy and the PolicyBasedWSS4JOutInterceptor is
> invoking AsymmetricBindingHandler.doSignBeforeEncrypt() at the time. No
> more
> error details shown. I am using a SAMLCallbackHandler as can be found on
> the
> net. I've searched pretty extensively but not found anything relevant
> enough. It's running on Weblogic 10.3.5 and it is using
> com.bea.core.weblogic.saaj_1.6.0.0.jar for the implementation of
> javax.xml.soap. Any ideas what might be causing it and something to try
> out?
> Thanks.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder