Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/03/01 22:56:28 UTC

Re: G2.1/SjAS'04 issue: OPENEJB-700

On Feb 29, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Vasily Zakharov wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I'm once again trying to couple SPECjAppServer2004 with Geronimo, now
> version 2.1, and one of the problems I observe is:
>
> Issue OPENEJB-700 that is now closed as it was fixed in OpenEJB v3.0b2
> that is used in G2.1, seems to be still actual for some reason. On
> G2.1 I still can't deploy SjAS unless the internet connection is
> present and proxy properly configured. The following error is shown by
> the Deployer:
>
> Error: Unable to distribute SPECjAppServer.ear:
> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot read the ejb-jar.xml file:
> jar:file:/C:/Temp/geronimo-deploymentUtil48973.jar!/META-INF/ejb-
> jar.xml:
> Connection timed out: connect
>
> General Geronimo/SjAS configuration used is described in detail at
> [1].
> The particular deployment plan causing a problem is [2].
>
> Can anyone suppose if this is indeed a not-completely-fixed
> OPENEJB-700 or something else?

I have no idea what's going on with it.  It really ticks me off as
that's the kind of feature you should have to enable in a parser not
disable.

If you have some time to debug, the
JaxbJavaee.NamespaceFilter.resolveEntity(...) method should be the one
stopping things from downloading.

-David

Re: G2.1/SjAS'04 issue: OPENEJB-700

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.
Yes, that helped.

Thanks alot, David!

Vasily

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 6, 2008, at 12:50 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> This email helped.  Was able to find and fix the issue.  It also
> turns out at least for mac anyway, that this issue happens only when
> you are *online* but without internet or java.sun.com access.  If
> you are offline in the true sense of the word, it doesn't try to
> connect.
>
> Anyway, it should be good to go now.

Heh. That explains why I couldn't see it... Thanks David!

--kevan

Re: G2.1/SjAS'04 issue: OPENEJB-700

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.
Kevan,

[...]

	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.
> I just tested using Daytrader. I turned off wireless and unplugged ethernet.
> I was able to deploy without a problem. I wonder if this problem could be
> specific to Windows?

Maybe, I'll check that. Another chance may be that's something about
my SjAS DDs.

> Could you provide the entire stack trace?

There's none normally - Deployer diagnostics are very scarce, and
there's no logging there.

I had to patch ReadDescriptors.readEjbJar() to get the following in the console:

        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:802)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:761)
[...]
        at org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.isEmptyEjbJar(ReadDescriptors.java:369)
        at org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readEjbJar(ReadDescriptors.java:346)
        at org.apache.openejb.config.DeploymentLoader.load(DeploymentLoader.java:367)
        at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(EjbModuleBuilder.java:240)
        at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(EjbModuleBuilder.java:228)
        at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules(EARConfigBuilder.java:786)
        at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(EARConfigBuilder.java:402)
        at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(EARConfigBuilder.java:295)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:226)
        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:213)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1408)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(RMIConnectionImpl.java:81)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1245)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1348)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:782)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vasily Zakharov <vm...@apache.org>.