Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JSF <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/13 19:10:30 UTC

Install problems (Mac OS X Server)

Hello Everyone,

           I am trying to install the latest stable
version of Tomcat (4.1.24) on Mac OS X SERVER 10.2.3.

Due to some reason the startup fails with exception
posted at the end of this message

I tried Aaron Faby's Tomcat installer package as well
as binary from tomcat's website. I worked really
instantly on a regular os x machine. I am pretty
comfortable installing tomcat on any platform but I
just can't get it to run on X-SERVE.

I also tried some obvious solutions such as adding the
tomcat-coyote.jar file to classpath in startup
scripts.
But because of some strange I still get the same
reason. I made sure that the class file in question is
actually present in tomcat-coyote.jar

Did anyone sucessfully install latest version of
Tomcat on Mac OS X SERVER? If yes, could you provide
suggestions/pointers.

Thanks.

-Rahul.

ERROR MESSAGE FROM LOG FILE:

ERROR reading /opt/Tomcat/conf/server.xml
At Line 99 /Server/Service/Connector/
className=org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector
port=8080 minProcessors=5 maxProcess
ors=75 enableLookups=true redirectPort=8443
acceptCount=100 debug=0 connectionTimeout=20000
useURIValidationHack=false disable
UploadTimeout=true

Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector
        at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
        at
And so on!!

=====
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.