Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by et...@adamsinc.net on 2000/09/09 20:14:15 UTC

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White space...

Keep getting "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White space is required between the public identifier and the system identifier" when running:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

I am running Apache/JServer 1.1.2/GNUJSP 1.0  with the latest xerces.jar

I have the xerces.jar at the beginning of my classpath as well.

Please help!

Re: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White space...

Posted by Nathan <nw...@mich.com>.
This really should be documented somewhere, I spent a day and a half trying to figure it out.
If you're running under a webserver (I'm using SOAP under Tomcat under Apache) you might think you don't need the port number, like
"http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter", when actually (at least for the ServiceManagerClient and the Stock Quote example) you have to
specify the port number or the SOAP classes create an invalid header.  If you look at the report back from Apache you'll notice a suspicious
":-1".  Switch to "http://localhost:80/soap/servlet/rpcrouter" and it starts working.

I looked (briefly) through the Call class and others and there seems to be code to catch an unset port (-1), it doesn't seem to be doing it's
job for whatever reason.  I'll look more Monday and if I have any specific recommendation I'll post.

-Nathan

--
Nathan Wray
nwray@mich.com