Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Troy Davidson <td...@maverik.com> on 2008/01/09 23:36:49 UTC

Tomcat Startup Hitting Webpage

Ok,  I'm sure I read this somewhere but can't find it.

I have a few apps that need to have threads started when Tomcat starts.
  Isn't there a way to tell Tomcat to hit the addresses of these apps to
start them up when Tomcat starts up?

I've searched everywhere and can't find anything.  Not finding anything
has made me believe that Tomcat can't do this and it was wishful thinking.

Thanks.

--
Troy Davidson
Senior Programmer

Maverik, Inc.
880 W. Center St.
NSL, Utah 84054

Thank you for allowing us to service your technical needs,
Your Technical Services Team

Re: Tomcat Startup Hitting Webpage

Posted by Troy Davidson <td...@maverik.com>.
Charles,

Thanks for the info.  I knew it was out there somewhere.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Troy Davidson [mailto:tdavidson@maverik.com]
> Subject: Tomcat Startup Hitting Webpage
>
> I have a few apps that need to have threads started when
> Tomcat starts.

Read the servlet spec, especially the section on lifecycle listeners.
Make sure you terminate the threads when the webapp is shutting down.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.