Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/06 16:42:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.21.0 (release candidate 1)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.21.0, release candidate 1.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

Since RC 0, we have fixed the following issues:
* [CALCITE-3322] Remove duplicate test case in RelMetadataTest (沈洪)
* [CALCITE-3321] BigQuery does not have correct casing rules (Lindsey Meyer)
* Remove the useless JdbcConvention out in descriptionPrefix for
JdbcToEnumerableConverterRule
* Removed spurious *.xml.xxx files from the release artifacts

You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/calcite-1.21.0/site/_docs/history.md

The commit to be voted upon:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=calcite.git;a=commit;h=adc1532de853060d24fd0129257a3fae306fb55c

Its hash is adc1532de853060d24fd0129257a3fae306fb55c.

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-1.21.0-rc1/

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
src.tar.gz.sha256
f9b37fc08f20e8fa7ec8035172852468359fb855e007943fc087ba310f33334e

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1067

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/zabetak.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite 1.21.0.

The vote is open for the next 96 hours (due to the weekend) and passes if a
majority of
at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite 1.21.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.21.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Checked LICENSE, NOTICE, checksums, compiled and ran tests on JDK 11/Ubuntu, ran RAT. Checked that tar contents match git commit.

One minor thing: I was surprised that commit adc1532de does not have tag calcite-1.21.0. Not a blocker for the release, but worth fixing.

The release notes are written in passive voice (e.g. “The parser has been enhanced …”). Consider converting to active voice; it makes it more direct. (Scientific writing requires passive voice, but the rest of the world is agreed that active voice is superior.) If you need a subject for the sentence, use “Calcite”, e.g. “Calcite now parses…”. Also, please put back-ticks around SQL keywords like MATCH_RECOGNIZE or java types like SemiJoin. Not a blocker for the release; can be fixed afterwards.

I want to say thank you to non-committers like Anton for voting on the release. You are an important part of our quality control, so your time & diligence is appreciated.

Julian

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Julian,

It’s not one that I’ve seen before. Please log a JIRA and describe it as intermittent. Someone will find & comment on it if it happens to them.

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Stamatis,

    --
    Best regards,
    Anton.

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.21.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Anton Haidai <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Best regards,
Anton.

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.21.0 (release candidate 1)

Posted by Haisheng Yuan <h....@alibaba-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Environment:
Mac OS X 10.14.4, JDK 1.8.0_162, Maven 3.5.2
- Checked signatures and checksums, OK
- Checked release note, OK
- Ran unit tests (mvn clean install), OK

- Haisheng
​

发件人:Francis Chuang<fr...@apache.org>
日 期:2019年09月10日 07:10:08
收件人:<de...@calcite.apache.org>
主 题:Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.21.0 (release candidate 1)

+1 Binding

Environment: maven:latest docker container (Maven 3.6.1, JDK11, Debian
9/stretch)

Verified SHA256 - OK
Verified GPG signature - OK
./mvnw -DskipTests clean install and ./mvnw test - OK
Checked LICENSE - OK
Checked NOTICE - OK
Checked README - OK
Checked Release Notes - OK

Francis

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
+1 Binding

Posted by Andrei Sereda <an...@sereda.cc>.
+1 (non-binding)

Minor correction: sha256 of source distribution
(apache-calcite-1.21.0-src.tar.gz) is
ccd10264f89a84bc750837cc2d0e66b7d74a81dd825d0a88f501153d4745eee3

Environment: Mac OS X Java version: 11.0.4, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK Maven 3.6.1

mvn clean install - OK
sh256 check - OK
GPG check - OK
Release notes - OK

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Environment: Mac OS X 10.12.6, JDK 1.8.0_201, Maven 3.5.0

   - Checked signatures and checksums - OK
   - Checked release note - OK
   - Ran unit tests (mvn clean install) - OK

Best,
Chunwei

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding