Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Lichty, Kent" <Ke...@dsionline.com> on 2002/11/11 16:43:49 UTC

Is the functionality to highlight matched words currently availab le?

We use Lucene as the search engine in a web application.  The users would
like to be able to have the matched words highlighted on the HTML pages
(documents) that are found. According to the current FAQ on the web (June
2001) Lucene does not offer much in the way of assisting with this
functionality. Does anybody know of more recent versions of Lucene contain
this "highlighting matched words" functionality and/or if there are any
"workarounds" to achieve this?

Thanks.

----------  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  ----------

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee indicated in this message or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby on notice
that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify
the sender by reply e-mail.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

given nor endorsed by it.

Re: Is the functionality to highlight matched words currently availab le?

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Look on the contributions page (it's in the left navbar of the Lucene
site). There are some example of how to do this.

Just to note, the changes that are described in the text are done in
the nightly build of Lucene.

--Peter