Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org> on 2007/05/01 18:21:31 UTC

Problems activating sitemap-debugging in .7

I need to debug some site maps in a .7 installation so I tried to
activate the SimpleSitemapExecutor for .7 like David did for .8.

- Looked for and found the class in
  cocoon-profiler-block-2.2.0-dev-r125082.jar
  in lib/core

- added
  <component role="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapExecutor"
      class="org.apache.cocoon.profiler.debugging.SimpleSitemapExecutor"
        logger="debug"/>
  to forrest-core.xconf

- checked that I have an entry for debug in logkit.

However when I run Forrest I get this message in error.log.

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
find class org.apache.cocoon.profiler.debugging.SimpleSitemapExecutor
for component at
file:/C:/forrest/0.7x/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf:730:25

What else is required to use/find/load this component? Or is there
something else wrong?

Ferdinand

Re: Problems activating sitemap-debugging in .7

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
Thanks David,

that was a good lesson in how to track things down.

Nevertheless, adding the previous change into .7 did not change anything.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Problems activating sitemap-debugging in .7

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I need to debug some site maps in a .7 installation so I tried to
> activate the SimpleSitemapExecutor for .7 like David did for .8.
>
> - Looked for and found the class in
>   cocoon-profiler-block-2.2.0-dev-r125082.jar
>   in lib/core
>
> - added
>   <component role="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapExecutor"
>       class="org.apache.cocoon.profiler.debugging.SimpleSitemapExecutor"
>         logger="debug"/>
>   to forrest-core.xconf
>
> - checked that I have an entry for debug in logkit.
>
> However when I run Forrest I get this message in error.log.
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
> find class org.apache.cocoon.profiler.debugging.SimpleSitemapExecutor
> for component at
> file:/C:/forrest/0.7x/main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf:730:25
>
> What else is required to use/find/load this component? Or is there
> something else wrong?

I reviewed the commits for 0.8 and what you
have done for 0.7 seems to be okay.
Doing 'svn praise forrest-core.xconf' shows r365510
which only declares that component.

I wonder (not tried) if you also need the previous
stuff which enabled the profiler itself. e.g. the entry
immediately above it declares the profiler.roles
Doing 'svn praise' shows r264705 and FOR-572.
Not sure if i added everything in that one commit.

-David