Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Ian Jackson <Ia...@trilliumsoftware.com> on 2013/03/28 15:02:27 UTC

Square Bracket Handling

As any work been done to handle Square Brackets (i.e. [ and ] )?

Any hints on how to treat them like Curly or Round Brackets?

I found some code for treating -LRB-, -RRB-, -LCB-, and -RCB-.

Re: Square Bracket Handling

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 3/28/2013 10:02 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> As any work been done to handle Square Brackets (i.e. [ and ] )?
>
> Any hints on how to treat them like Curly or Round Brackets?
>
> I found some code for treating -LRB-, -RRB-, -LCB-, and -RCB-.

Treebank defines 3 types:
     http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~treebank/tokenization.html

Usually, they are uncommon in text... however they usually provide
optional information that may interest the reader [within them].