Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2011/03/12 11:45:28 UTC

Skeleton projects and maven archetypes or from command-line

Hello

I'm writing some code to be able to create skeleton projects from the
clerezza console, this is specially usefull in combination with
sourcebundles as the newly created project is installed as source-bundle and
you can start playing seeing the effect of your source-code changes right
away.

I'm not sure if I should support multiple project types like this and/or if
some of these should also be available as maven prototype.
I'm thinking to support the following project types
- scala with activator
- scala with declarative services
- java with ssp

the last project is what we currently have as skeleton project, as it uses
java it doesn't yet work with source-bundles. So I'm not sure if its better
to keep this make this a maven archetype (as planned, but I think some magic
is still needed for it to be an archetype) or if it should be created via a
command-line command (I think it might be hard to support both ways without
code duplication).

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Skeleton projects and maven archetypes or from command-line

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@trialox.org>.
Posted by Tsuyoshi Ito <ts...@trialox.org>.
Hi Reto

Currently we are not using sourcebundles because of different
problems.(Amongst others, issues mentioned in the other thread:
storing BLOBs in a graph):

- updating ssp, js and css is slow (takes about 5-10sec)
- no support with java or No documentation how to do it in a java
project containing ssp.
- we are not using clerezza console because of instability. Also on
our server it is risky because there are no possibility to restrict
the functional range of the console for admins (e.g. admin can delete
all graphs from the console). futhermore if somthing is executing on

Posted by Oliver Strässer <ol...@getunik.com>.
oh, sry

Posted by Oliver Strässer <ol...@getunik.com>.
yes