Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2010/11/13 06:56:16 UTC

[VFS] artifactid

I've changed the package name from org.commons.vfs to org.commons.vfs2.  However, it isn't necessary to change the artifact id from commons-vfs to commons-vfs2 since we are changing the groupId already.  The only reason to do it is to have it match the package name.

Thoughts?

Ralph

Re: [VFS] artifactid

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13 November 2010 05:56, Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I've changed the package name from org.commons.vfs to org.commons.vfs2.  However, it isn't necessary to change the artifact id from commons-vfs to commons-vfs2 since we are changing the groupId already.  The only reason to do it is to have it match the package name.
>
> Thoughts?

ArtifactId is OK either way by me.

Re: [VFS] artifactid

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-13 15:00, James Carman wrote:
> Change it to be consistent.  We've had this discussion before.

+1

Consistence is a good thing.

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Ralph Goers
> <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> I've changed the package name from org.commons.vfs to org.commons.vfs2.  However, it isn't necessary to change the artifact id from commons-vfs to commons-vfs2 since we are changing the groupId already.  The only reason to do it is to have it match the package name.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Ralph

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VFS] artifactid

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: [VFS] artifactid

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
We're working on it.  Notice the wiki update notices that have been
going out today.  Sebb and I have been commenting back and forth.
Feel free to chime in on the wiki.  Let's get all of our
ideas/concerns in one place and then work on forming a good set of
guidelines, which you can break as long as you present a good case for
it.

RE: [VFS] artifactid

Posted by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com>.