Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Jack Bates <du...@nottheoilrig.com> on 2012/08/29 17:38:37 UTC

View statistics in a web browser

Here is the beginnings of a script that I'm using to display statistics
about Traffic Server in a web browser, in real time [1]

Currently the only statistics it displays are byte counts by client, but
I hope to add more

The script gets notified about Traffic Server log entries in real time
by acting as a log collation server. It attempts to parse these binary
log entries, and then forwards them to connected web browsers with
WebSocket. The web browsers update SVG bar graphs, with the D3
JavaScript library [2]

This is a followup to these two questions I posted earlier [1][2]

In case this script could be useful to anyone else, I would love to hear
your requests for improvements

   [1] https://github.com/jablko/visulate#visulate
   [2] http://d3js.org/
   [3]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201204.mbox/%3C4F8FC72D.5000602@nottheoilrig.com%3E
   [4]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201205.mbox/%3C4FAFC55E.3030900@nottheoilrig.com%3E

Re: View statistics in a web browser

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On 29/08/2012, at 8:38 AM, Jack Bates <du...@nottheoilrig.com> wrote:

> Here is the beginnings of a script that I'm using to display statistics about Traffic Server in a web browser, in real time [1]
>
> Currently the only statistics it displays are byte counts by client, but I hope to add more

Nice work Jack; this looks quite promising!