Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ellen Sleeter <sl...@main.morris.org> on 2005/07/01 22:07:05 UTC

Hello -- question about the "Rules"

[Oh... Not of the LIST, but of Spam-A]

I'm a new subscriber.

Q:  Is there a source on the Spam-A site or elsewhere that actually
elaborates on the definition of each rule?

E.g., one which is causing come consternation in-house, because we can't
tell what is being violated, is the rule of

   BUGGY_CGI 2.6

Since we've set the Spam score to 4.2, 2.6 is a pretty big byte out of
that spam score, and we're gotten it on every form since we've moved to a
new (for us), externally hosted webserver.

I admit to using 2.63, which is prior to the guidelines of the list, but
the docu for this version is fully available on the Spam-A site.  But I
don't see an explanation of what is actually tested by each rule.

Some rules are pretty easy to understand.  But not this one, which is
offending the powers that be....Please show me the way to an explanation
of the actual tests performed.  Merci!

--
ELLEN L. SLEETER
Network Services