Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> on 2008/12/16 15:39:02 UTC

SSL Not Working

Hi,

I was using SMTPS and POP3S  to send and receive mails successfully with
the phoenix deployment I had downloaded a couple of months back. But,
after updating my sources to the latest version of the code they have
stopped working.

SMTPS starts on the required port but when trying to send mail through
it I get the following exception in the log file:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not
generate DH keypair

Any idea how to fix this ?

Regards,
Megha

--
 AdNovum Informatik AG
 Agarval Megha,

 Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zurich
 mailto:megha@adnovum.ch
 phone: +41 44 272 6111, fax: +41 44 272 6312
 http://www.adnovum.ch

 AdNovum Offices: Bern, Budapest, San Mateo, Zurich (HQ)

Re: SSL Not Working

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:56, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

>>> nope - it was working for me last time i tried. i'll take a look into this.
>>>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Did you get a chance to look into this ?
>
> Using a cool new website called "Google", I pasted "Could not generate
> DH keypair" there and after a cursory look found this link:
>
>  http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5309490
>
> Maybe that's something about the creation and validity dates.

Well, there was no problem with the creation and validation dates of the
certificate.

The sunjce_provider.jar needed to be copied in james/lib.

Works now :)

-Megha

Re: SSL Not Working

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: SSL Not Working

Posted by Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch>.
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Megha Agarval <me...@adnovum.ch> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was using SMTPS and POP3S  to send and receive mails successfully with the
>> phoenix deployment I had downloaded a couple of months back. But, after
>> updating my sources to the latest version of the code they have stopped
>> working.
>>
>> SMTPS starts on the required port but when trying to send mail through it I
>> get the following exception in the log file:
>>
>> javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate
>> DH keypair
>>
>> Any idea how to fix this ?
>
> nope - it was working for me last time i tried. i'll take a look into this.

Hi Robert,

Did you get a chance to look into this ?

Thanks,
Megha

Re: SSL Not Working

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.