Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de> on 2004/06/30 14:12:49 UTC

How to create platform-independent dependencies?

Hi,

I've got problems with a platform-independent project, which becomes
platform-dependent because of platform-dependent references. Because the
author has written everything using Linux or Solaris, he has used
reletive paths with forward slashes. When I now try to build everything
under windows, the references are resolved with a mixture of forward and
backward slashes, and problems occur to load files.

The error message I get is:

Unable to obtain goal [site] -- C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\user\.maven\plugins\maven-xdoc-plugin-1.7.1\plugin.jelly:364:54:
<j:include> could not include jelly script:
file://C:\cvs\mevenide\mevenide-master\..\mevenide-config/../mevenide-master/src/templates/jsl/site.jsl.
Reason: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1: <null
 > Could not parse Jelly script

Probably this is not a problem from the maven-xdoc-plugin, but from the
jelly implementation. The other (used) plugins work.

I've tried to type the file - using the above syntax and the correct one
with backslashes - the above syntax gives a syntax error, the second works.

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld

Re: Patch, how to submit? Whom to bother?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This is normal - same way bugzilla does it too. I think later versions
of JIRA may allow adding it to the creation form?

- Brett

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to create platform-independent dependencies?

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>file: (no slashes) seems to work on both. The best thing about
>standards is there are so many of them!
>
>I think the latest xdoc plugin fixes this bug.

thanks brett, we'll try that. btw this is the prefix we use for the xml
entities ;) so it should work as fine for jelly files..

-- gd

Re: How to create platform-independent dependencies?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.
Milos Kleint schrieb:

> Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got problems with a platform-independent project, which becomes
>> platform-dependent because of platform-dependent references. Because
>> the author has written everything using Linux or Solaris, he has used
>> reletive paths with forward slashes. When I now try to build
>> everything under windows, the references are resolved with a mixture
>> of forward and backward slashes, and problems occur to load files.
>>
>> The error message I get is:
>>
>> Unable to obtain goal [site] -- C:\Dokumente und
>> Einstellungen\user\.maven\plugins\maven-xdoc-plugin-1.7.1\plugin.jelly:364:54:
>> <j:include> could not include jelly script:
>> file://C:\cvs\mevenide\mevenide-master\..\mevenide-config/../mevenide-master/src/templates/jsl/site.jsl.
>> Reason: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1: <null
>> > Could not parse Jelly script
>

> AFAIK the mevenide build works on windows as well... at least Gilles
> Didonet, the project owner is developing under windows. So the problem
> is probably somehwere else. No idea where, the jelly error messages are
> quite cryptic. Try running maven with the debug switch (-X if I recall
> correctly), maybe it reveals more.

I get a long list of exceptions, one the root cause of the other. The
last one is:

Root cause
java.net.UnknownHostException: C
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:153)
         at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:139)
         at sun.net.NetworkClient.openServer(NetworkClient.java:118)
         at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.openServer(FtpClient.java:423)
         at sun.net.ftp.FtpClient.<init>(FtpClient.java:692)
         at
sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.connect(FtpURLConnection.java:175)
         at
sun.net.www.protocol.ftp.FtpURLConnection.getInputStream(FtpURLConnection.java:257)
         at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:913)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown
Source)
Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:357)
         at
org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyContext.compileScript(JellyContext.java:489)

with the letter 'C' (taken as the protocol) obviously from the path.
BTW: The line from plugin.jelly is '<j:include
uri="${stylesheet.toString()}"/>'. Probably it may not be a file path?

Peter Nabbefeld

Posted by Milos Kleint <Mi...@Sun.COM>.