Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Marwan Semaan <ma...@incomit.com> on 2002/09/12 17:36:16 UTC

Include comments when generating WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL

Hi
How possible it is to include comments in the WSDL file from a java source
code (JavaDoc).

this makes it easy to the developer that downloads the WSDL file and to
easily understand
the code after a java is generated via WSDL2Java.

Notes: I don't want to include the comments manually after I generated the
WSDL file, it would be perfect to be done automatically and include the
javadoc in the Java Web Services API

I appreciate any comments and ideas, I may missed something on the road.

regards
Marwan

Re: Include comments when generating WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> How possible it is to include comments in the WSDL file from a java source
> code (JavaDoc).
>
> this makes it easy to the developer that downloads the WSDL file and to
> easily understand
> the code after a java is generated via WSDL2Java.
>
> Notes: I don't want to include the comments manually after I generated the
> WSDL file, it would be perfect to be done automatically and include the
> javadoc in the Java Web Services API

there are no javadoc comments in compiled code, so java2wsdl, which acts on
compiled code, wont work.

XDoclet metadata, perhaps.