Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Kovach <kk...@goodyear.com> on 2000/04/18 17:35:22 UTC

JSSI

Could somebody translate this error for me?? I have JSSI defined and
mapped in my "development context". It seems I have Tomcat understanding
JSSI, but I don't think I have apache believing in them yet? I've
checked to make sure the file is there. Thanks.

404 Java Server Side Include Error

Requested URI /development/welcome.jhtm is not a file. Please, make sure
you request a java server side include file.

- Kevin

Re: JSSI

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Nick Gilliam wrote:

> If you are referring to JServSSI then unless the source has been changed in
> the last couple of months it will not work with Tomcat.  It is broken by JSDK
> 2.2.  Code that was in previous versions of the JSDK and used by JServSSI has
> been deprecated and removed for security reasons.

On the other hand, if someone volunteered to adapt the JSSI code to the new
servlet spec standards, and wanted to contribute it to Tomcat, I'd certainly be
in favor of that.  Volunteers?

> We switched to using JSP includes with Tomcat 3.1 to satisfy our
> requirements.

This approach satisfies most requirements previously met by <servlet> tags.

> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Nick Gilliam

Craig McClanahan

Re: JSSI

Posted by Nick Gilliam <ni...@maf.nasa.gov>.
Kevin Kovach wrote:

> Could somebody translate this error for me?? I have JSSI defined and
> mapped in my "development context". It seems I have Tomcat understanding
> JSSI, but I don't think I have apache believing in them yet? I've
> checked to make sure the file is there. Thanks.
>
> 404 Java Server Side Include Error
>
> Requested URI /development/welcome.jhtm is not a file. Please, make sure
> you request a java server side include file.
>
> - Kevin

Kevin,