Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by petera <pe...@egsgroup.com> on 2007/01/12 13:16:49 UTC

QueueBrowser

Hi,

I am using activemq ver 4.0.1 on a mac running OS x 10.4.8

I am trying to use the queue browser to view messages on a queue but it does
not seem to work. No messages
are being returned when i issue the command:
              Enumeration msgs = browser.getEnumeration();

There are definitely messages on the queue and i can see them in the
persistent activemq_msgs table.

Is this a bug ? Or am i doing something wrong ?

CODE:

        try
        {
/*
 * Create a JNDI API Initial Context object.
 */
              InitialContext init = new InitialContext() ;
              Context envContext = (Context) init.lookup("java:comp/env") ;
/*
 * Look up Connection Factory and destination.
 */
              ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
envContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory") ;

              Queue queue = (Queue) envContext.lookup("jms/InvoiceQueue") ;

              connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();

              session = connection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

              QueueBrowser browser = session.createBrowser(queue);
              Enumeration msgs = browser.getEnumeration();

              if (!msgs.hasMoreElements()) {
                  out.println("No messages in queue");
              } else {
                  while (msgs.hasMoreElements()) {
                      Message tempMsg = (Message) msgs.nextElement();
                      out.println("Message: " + tempMsg);
                  }
              }
          } catch (JMSException e) {
              out.println("Exception occurred: " + e.toString());
          }
        catch (NamingException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
        } finally {
              if (connection != null) {
                  try {
                      connection.close();
                  } catch (JMSException e) {
                  }
              }
          }

Re: QueueBrowser

Posted by petera <pe...@egsgroup.com>.
James

Thanks that was the problem.

Peter

Re: QueueBrowser

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
This one has got me so many times with JMS.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/i-am-not-receiving-any-messages-what-is-wrong.html

On 1/12/07, petera <pe...@egsgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using activemq ver 4.0.1 on a mac running OS x 10.4.8
>
> I am trying to use the queue browser to view messages on a queue but it does
> not seem to work. No messages
> are being returned when i issue the command:
>               Enumeration msgs = browser.getEnumeration();
>
> There are definitely messages on the queue and i can see them in the
> persistent activemq_msgs table.
>
> Is this a bug ? Or am i doing something wrong ?
>
> CODE:
>

>         try
>         {
> /*
>  * Create a JNDI API Initial Context object.
>  */
>               InitialContext init = new InitialContext() ;
>               Context envContext = (Context) init.lookup("java:comp/env") ;
> /*
>  * Look up Connection Factory and destination.
>  */
>               ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
> envContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory") ;
>
>               Queue queue = (Queue) envContext.lookup("jms/InvoiceQueue") ;
>
>               connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
>
>               session = connection.createSession(false,
> Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>
>               QueueBrowser browser = session.createBrowser(queue);
>               Enumeration msgs = browser.getEnumeration();
>
>               if (!msgs.hasMoreElements()) {
>                   out.println("No messages in queue");
>               } else {
>                   while (msgs.hasMoreElements()) {
>                       Message tempMsg = (Message) msgs.nextElement();
>                       out.println("Message: " + tempMsg);
>                   }
>               }
>           } catch (JMSException e) {
>               out.println("Exception occurred: " + e.toString());
>           }
>         catch (NamingException e) {
>             // TODO Auto-generated catch block
>             e.printStackTrace();