Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2004/09/03 15:46:03 UTC

Apache mirrors Europe: New rsync location

Hello Apache mirrors,

We are in the process of trying to take some load off our main web machine
and provide a more efficient, distributed infrastructure.  As a step in
that process, we now have a satellite rsync repository in Europe.  We
would therefore like to make the following request:

If your Apache mirror is in or near Europe, please change your rsync
repository to rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist

The content is exactly the same as our main repository, and is updated
hourly.

Non-European mirrors should also consider changing to use the new
canonical name of our main rsync repository:
rsync.apache.org::apache-dist.  At the present time, this points to
exactly the same location as www.apache.org::apache-dist, but we may
choose to change the location in the future.

Recommended configuration details are, as always, available at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

If you have any questions or problems, please address them to this list
(mirrors@apache.org).

Thanks for providing an Apache mirror!

Joshua Slive
Apache Software Foundation

Re: Apache mirrors Europe: New rsync location

Posted by HOSTMASTER <ho...@roweboat.net>.
Erik,

apache.roweboat.net mirror has been updated with new rsync.

andy

Posted by Kristen Nielsen <kr...@krn.dk>.
Hi

Posted by Astharot <as...@zone-h.org>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> Hello Apache mirrors,
>
> We are in the process of trying to take some load off our main web
> machine and provide a more efficient, distributed infrastructure.  As a
> step in that process, we now have a satellite rsync repository in
> Europe.  We would therefore like to make the following request:
>
> If your Apache mirror is in or near Europe, please change your rsync
> repository to rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist
>
> The content is exactly the same as our main repository, and is updated
> hourly.
>
> Non-European mirrors should also consider changing to use the new
> canonical name of our main rsync repository:
> rsync.apache.org::apache-dist.  At the present time, this points to
> exactly the same location as www.apache.org::apache-dist, but we may
> choose to change the location in the future.
>
> Recommended configuration details are, as always, available at
> http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
>
> If you have any questions or problems, please address them to this list
> (mirrors@apache.org).
>
> Thanks for providing an Apache mirror!
>
> Joshua Slive
> Apache Software Foundation

Changed the rsync address of my estonian mirror http://apache.zone-h.org :-)

Bye
   Gerardo Di Giacomo

Re: Apache mirrors Europe: New rsync location

Posted by Silio d' Angelo <da...@gno.uniroma2.it>.
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Silio d' Angelo wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > [ . . . ]
> >
> >> If your Apache mirror is in or near Europe, please change your rsync
> >> repository to rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist
> >
> > [ . . . ]
> >

> > OK Joshua,
> >
> >  http://apache.fis.uniroma2.it/
> >  ftp://cis.uniroma2.it/unix/packages/APACHE
> >
> > are now feed from www.apache.org::apache-dist
>
> Hmmm... Is that a typo?  I assume you mean
> rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist
>
> Joshua.

I'm sorry .. you're right .. it was a typo
the actual command being:

# /local/bin/rsync -rtlvz --delete \
   rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist  /home/gr0/ftp/{D/unix/packages/APACHE

                         Silio ( dangelo@gno.uniRoma2.it )

Re: Apache mirrors Europe: New rsync location

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Silio d' Angelo <da...@gno.uniroma2.it>.

Posted by Walter Hop <mi...@walter.transip.nl>.

> If your Apache mirror is in or near Europe, please change your rsync
> repository to rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist

        Change made on apache.mirror.transip.nl!

--
 Walter Hop <wa...@transip.nl> | tel 0182-504424 | fax 0182-504460
 Transip B.V. | http://www.transip.nl/ | Mensen met verstand van zaken.

Re: Apache mirrors Europe: New rsync location

Posted by SUBREDU Manuel <di...@iasi.roedu.net>.
ftp.iasi.roedu.net (apache.iasi.roedu.net) changed source to
rsync.eu.apache.org

Posted by Mij <mi...@bitchx.it>.
mirrors.publicshout.org @ Italy changed.

Posted by Marco Ermini <ma...@markoer.org>.
<quota chi="Joshua Slive">
> Hello Apache mirrors,
>
> We are in the process of trying to take some load off our main web machine
> and provide a more efficient, distributed infrastructure.  As a step in
> that process, we now have a satellite rsync repository in Europe.  We
> would therefore like to make the following request:
>
> If your Apache mirror is in or near Europe, please change your rsync
> repository to rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist
[...]
</quota>

markoer.org/apache is changed

Bye!