Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Reinhard Haller <re...@onlinehome.de> on 2005/10/16 15:19:02 UTC

bayes token expiry

after updating from 3.0.4 to 3.1.0 I've problems
with token expiry.

With 3.0.4 I had the same effect every 2 days, after
upgrade with nearly every message.

Debug output from 3.0.4 (more verbose than 3.1.0):

Can't use estimation method for expiry, something fishy,
calculating optimal atime delta (first pass).

Five minutes later the next message:

Couldn't find a good delta atime, need more token
difference, skipping expire.

The problem is, that during this period there are
2 things happening:

a) the exim-mta times out after 2 minutes
b) every request during this time has a problem
    getting the database locked. It appears the
    message:

trying to get lock on ... with 10 timeout

3 minutes later:

timed out after 10 sec

With 3.1.0 the same mechanism, the difference:
it takes 10 minutes to complete the expiry.

Is there a way to do expiry offline without a database
lock?

Thanks
Reinhard